- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
- 3/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Working one at a time, brush butter on each chicken breast and dredge in breadcrumb mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Gently flip and bake until the crust is golden and the chicken is completely cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Remove from oven; spoon 1 tablespoon marinara on each chicken breast and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons mozzarella. Place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with spaghetti and additional marinara, if desired.