- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons hot caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons dark roast instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (9 ounces) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, ice cream topping and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, coffee granules, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.Yield: about 3 dozen.
Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cafe-mocha-cookies#ixzz3AkICn5sR