Friday, September 16, 2011

Banana Cake

I will get the name right today:) I almost posted this yesterday and then decided to wait for today.

I made this Banana Crunch Cake. Very good. I halved the recipe and made it in an 8x4 pan. I don't think I baked it quite long enough because even though the toothpick came out clean, it was mushy in the center. But still very good. Jeff and Logan loved it.

Banana Crunch Cake
Ingredients
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (I eliminated)

1/2 cup shortening (I substituted cinnamon applesauce)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 cup mashed banana (I used 2 small for a 1/2 batch
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup oat flour (I used old fashioned oats, did not grind)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I eliminated and added some chocolate chips)
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x8 inch pan. Make the oat crunch topping: In a small bowl, combine the rolled oats, brown sugar, melted butter and 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts. Mix well and set aside.
In a large bowl, cream shortening and white sugar until light and fluffy. Blend in bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Combine the oat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Beat into creamed mixture. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the oat crunch topping.
Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment