Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Cornbread Jalapenos

I made these for my son's birthday and there was not one left.  I loved them.  I got the idea from a blog but used my own cornbread recipe.

I cut 12 jalapenos in half and filled them with my favorite corn bread recipe.  I had a ton of batter left so I just made the remaining into muffins.  I sprinkled with cheese and baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.  They were excellent.

12 Med/Large fresh Jalapenos


Jalapeno Cornbread Poppers
http://www.ohbiteit.com/2012/08/jalapeno-cornbread-poppers.html

1 Box of Cornbread Mix (I used the Honey variety for the sweetness)
1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar (1 cup for the batter..1/2 cup for sprinkiling)
1 Cup Corn..fresh OR canned is just fine

Directions:

Slice each jalapeno down the center and carefully remove all the seeds and veins..set aside

In a medium bowl, mix up the Cornbread batter according to the box instructions, add in the Corn and 1 cup of the Cheddar.

Fill each Jalapeno half with some batter!  Eh-hem, don’t over fill them!
  Sprinkle them all with the remaining 1/2 cup of Cheddar.

Place them on a baking rack & sheet pan, bake them at 350 for about 15-20 minutes, or until the Cornbread is firm and cooked through. They will be puffed and cheesy too!



No comments:

Post a Comment