Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Birthday Cake

Every year my husband makes my birthday cake for me. This year, I could not decide what I wanted! I seriously looked for days, until I finally decided on the Strawberry Mallow Cake Roll from the taste of home magazine http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Strawberry-Mallow-Cake-Roll.

Unfortunately for my husband, the process to make this was a little difficult. However, the cake turned our great. The only downfall was that I told him to use less strawberry cream cheese b/c I wanted to save some for Jase's lunch (he loves it on his sandwiches). Well, I'm not sure if this was what caused it, but all of the filling came out of the roll! Perhaps, we should have added more confectionary sugar to "thicken it". But, it looks yummy! I can't wait until tonight to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment