Thursday, May 14, 2009

New Twist on Pie

This weekend I made my triple berry pie. This pie is always a favorite of mine and everyone who tries it. Basically, I converted a recipe for strawberry-rhubarb pie, into a strawberry, raspberry, blackberry pie. I entered this pie into a baking contest at the fair this past year, but unfortunately, it didn't win. So, I'm trying to improve on it. Usually, I use a bought pie crust, but decided this time to make one from scratch. As I was searching through my recipes, I found a pie that used cream cheese. That was when I got the bright idea to use up the strawberry cream cheese I had in the refrigerator. This was one of the best pie crusts ever -- and it especially complemented the strawberry pie without really taking over. It just melted in your mouth. And the best part, it only contained three ingredients, flour, the cream cheese, and butter. I will definetely make this again. It rolled easily and was just perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment