Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Catching Up







Well, I'm just catching up a bit. Seems like with the new house, I'm still baking, but just not getting my pictures uploaded. Here are some pictures of cookies I decorated for a graduation party. These were not my favorite of all I've ever made, but there were so many of them, I didn't have the time to focus on the detail. The chocolate cake is the darn good chocolate cake from the cake mix dr. Came out wonderful, it is such a good cake, I froze some to use to make ice cream blizzards. I forgot to take a picture of the cake out of the pan unfortuantely. The other picture is of a blueberry custard pie. I got the recipe from allrecipes.com. The pie was good. The custard part was good, but I think I'd have prefered a little more of a traditional custard then a sour cream based one. There was a hint of sour cream taste rather then sweetness. But the crumb topping and blueberry part were great. I also made a cream cheese pie crust to go with it. I noticed that these crusts brown so much better then store bought ones. I think I'm hooked on making my own pie crusts. Mmmm Pie! Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment