Friday, December 27, 2013

Chicken Noodle Soup

I made homemade chicken soup over the weekend and it came out well.  I put about 4 chicken thighs in a pot and covered them in water. I added onion, celery, carrots, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and some thyme to the pot.  I boiled the chicken in the water for about 1 hour.  Then, I took out the chicken shredded and put the broth in the refrigerator to cool.  The next day I strained off the grease and kept 1/2 cup of the broth aside and added carrots and celery and chicken and a few noodles and boiled them until the noodles were cooked.  I added another tsp salt and a flavor boost packet however, I felt it was a little too salty so next time I don't think I would add this.  After it was done I stirred 3 tbsp of flour into the 1/2 cup broth and added to the soup and simmered it for a little.  It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment