Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

My grandma had a signature chocolate chip cookie.  Everyone loved them.  So I decided to make them for thanksgiving.  I have to admit, I didn't get to have any because they were all gone.  But I don't think I will switch from my normal recipe I use.  These seemed too tough for me.  Like way too much flour.  Needless to say - they were gone, so I guess that says something:)

Grandma's Chocolate Chip Cookies

3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening

1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2  large egg
1  teaspoons vanilla extract
1 pkg of semisweet chocolate chips


Combine first 3 ingredients.  Beat shortening and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Stir in flour and chocolate.  Bake 375 about 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment