I participated in the Cookie Swap this year. I sent cookies to three individuals. Only one box got returned to me because the post office read the wrong side of the box. So I had to resend them, I hope they were still fresh. Anyways, this is the recipe I sent. The cookies were good. I would make them again.
Maple Oatmeal Cookies
from Family Circle Magazine
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick)unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees . In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat butter, sugar and 1/4 cup of the maple syrup for 3 minutes. Beat in egg until just combined. Pour in flour and beat on low until just combined. Stir in oats and raisins.
2. Drop scant tablespoon-size rounds of batter onto baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes, until golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. In a bowl, beat confectioners sugar, remaining 3 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tbsp water on low until well combined. Drizzle with a spoon over cooled cookies.