These were very good. They really do "meltaway". I wonder if the addition of some vanilla or rum extract would make the flavor a bit stronger. I rolled them right out of the oven in sugar and then again once they cooled.
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup eggnog
1 cup powdered sugar for rolling the cookies
1. Mix together the flour, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggnog.
3. Add the flour mixture gradually until well combines. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or until the dough is firm.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and place on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
6. Bake 12-14 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool for about 5 minutes and then roll them in powdered sugar. Makes about 3 dozen.