- 2-4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
For the sauce:1/3 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's) 1 cup packed light brown sugar 1 tablespoon water 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut your chicken into 1-inch pieces while the oil heats. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the cornstarch in a gallon-sized ziploc bag, and add the chicken and seal, tossing to coat.
- Whisk the eggs together in a shallow bowl. Dip the coated chicken pieces into the whisked eggs, and place them in the hot skillet. Cook the chicken pieces for 1-2 minutes on each side, cooking until just browned. Place the chicken in a single layer in a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Mix the hot sauce, brown sugar, water, vinegar and salt in a medium bowl and then pour over the chicken in the baking dish. Bake for one hour, turning the chicken once to coat with the sauce.
- Serve over hot, white rice.