Sugar Cone Chocolate Chip Cookies (from simple & delicious mag)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely crushed ice cream sugar cones (about 16)
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars
- until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl,
- whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed
- mixture. Stir in chocolate chips, crushed sugar cones and sprinkles.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks
- to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Black and White Cereal Treats (from simple & delicious mag)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 8 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 2-1/2 cups chopped double-stuffed Oreo cookies (about 16), divided
- 1-1/3 cups white baking chips, melted
- In a Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows; cook
- and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and 2 cups
- Oreos. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Spread melted baking chips over top; sprinkle with remaining Oreos,
- pressing gently to adhere. Cool to room temperature. Cut into bars.
- Yield: 2 dozen.