Thursday, September 19, 2013

Arby's Fries

I made these recipes off of Pinterest. There are supposed to taste like Arby's curly fries, but even though I didn't really think they tasted like Arby's they were good. The method worked really well. I may even try making regular fries out of them without the spice.  I didn't use the curly cutter, I just cut them into fries.  I also baked at 425 in my convection oven.  I used 1 large potato and 1/2 the spice recipe.

Oven Baked Curly Fries
http://lmld.org/2013/08/21/oven-baked-curly-fries-arbys-copycat/

3 large potatoes
2 tsp paprika
1.5 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
3 TBS flour
3 TBS egg
1.5 TBS milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Bring a medium sized pot of water to boil.
3. Cut potatoes into curly fries using a curly fry cutter, or cut potatoes into regular fries. (You can peel the potatoes first if you want to)
3. Put potatoes in boiling water and boil for 3 minutes.
4. Rinse potatoes off in a colander with cold water.
5. Dry potatoes with paper towels and set aside.
6. Combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper and flour in a small bowl.
7. Add in egg and milk and mix well.
8. Pour fries into a large bowl and pour seasoning mixture in and mix well.
9. Dump fries onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread around evenly (so they aren’t overlapping)
10. Bake for 30-35 minutes, flipping half way, until french fries are nice and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment