Baked Honey Sesame Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup honey
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 t sesame oil
- 1 t minced garlic (I didn't add this)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In separate bowls, place cornstarch and slightly beaten eggs. Dip chicken into cornstarch then coat in egg mixture. I have also found that you can put the chicken pieces in a gallon size bag and shake to coat.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 greased baking dish.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and minced garlic. Pour over chicken and bake for 1 hour.
- I stirred the chicken every 15 minutes so that it coated them in the sauce.