Friday, November 1, 2013

French Toast Swirl Bread

I have a recipe for french toast bread that I've made before, but I made a few revisions and it was DELICIOUS.  I made the dough in my bread machine on the dough cycle and baked in the oven at 350 for 35 minutes.  I think it could have used to have been baked a little longer but the kids were hungry and I had to get dinner in the oven [ internal temp was only 165 and it should have been closer to 200].

French Toast Bread

1 cup water
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp maple extract
2 cups bread flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
2 tbsp Land ' Lakes Cinnamon Sugar butter
1 tsp salt
2.5 tsp yeast
2 tbsp brown sugar

Put ingredients in bread machine and select dough cycle.

When completed, roll dough out and brush with butter.  Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and brown sugar.  Roll up jelly roll style and place in pan.  Cover and let rise about an hour or so until double in size.  Bake.  Yum...

No comments:

Post a Comment