Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

These came out ok.  I used apple instant oatmeal and I liked the flavor.  They were a bit crumbly and my bottoms burned a little so if I made them again I would reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees.  I didn't use the nuts because I didn't have any.  I make them into 12 big cookies.

Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
from Rachael Ray Magazine 


1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups instant cinnamon-spice oatmeal
3/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup (packed) brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup cold milk
Directions
  1. In food processor, pulse first 5 ingredients until sandy. Pulse in nuts and milk until dough forms. Pat into 8-inch disc; cut into 8 wedges. Bake at 400 degrees on parchment- lined sheet, 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment